I like buying my craft supplies in a range of places, find some exciting bargains. Last year I discovered a set of moustache stamps in a shop in Edinburgh called Tiger (one has now opened in Newcastle, too) and I only paid £1!!
I wanted to keep the design of this card simple to show off the stamps. Here’s how to copy me:
5 stamps along a theme and ink
White stamping card
A 6×6″ card base
A circular birthday greeting
1) Mat a piece of background paper 14.7×14.7 cm onto kraft card 15×15 cm.
2) Stamp your chosen theme and cut out.
3) Cut a strip of kraft card 12x3cm and stick to left hand side of card, leaving approximately 1.5cm border above, to the left and below.
4) Cut a strip of coordinating (or clashing would be really effective) background paper 1×14.7cm and stick along bottom third of card, over kraft layer.
5) Stick your 5 stamped images down the kraft layer – I used a stepped pattern, but a straight one would work, too.
6) Stamp and cut out circular greeting.
7) Cut out 5 narrow strips of background papers and snip into banner shapes. Fasten these under circular greeting to make a rosette.
8) Stick rosette on the narrow piece of background paper from step 4 to the right of card.
9) Glue (or use double sided tape) completed card front to card blank.