I’ve been dragged kicking and screaming into the Instagram arena (hazellovescrafts) . I’m actually quite enjoying seeing reactions to my makes, and I love seeing other people’s projects and getting inspiration.
Heartfelt Creations showed a stunning blue and white card which I liked and commented on (His Lordship was not anywhere near as impressed as he should have been that I figured out how). I thought I may be able to use the idea for a card of my own.
I have a great paper pad called Blue Skies from the Dovecraft Back too Basics range. It’s full of blue papers, a lovely range of patterns including this very feminine vintage-y feel paper I used for my background.
My initial thought was to use some of my Dreamees flower stamps, but the lazy side of me jumped for joy when I found my forgotten stamp and die set from The Works. I stamped three different size flowers, two patterns, in dark blue ink onto pale blue paper and cut out the 15 flowers and used the time I didn’t fussy cut for a cup of tea! All the flowers were shaped using my ball tool and foam mat.
The sentiment is much more soppy than I’d usually pick, but it’s my wedding anniversary tomorrow and apparently I’m feeling the love. I almost never use a focal sentiment, and this was a good challenge for me. It’s a Dreamees stamp.
I chose a textured dark blue card for the sentiment and die cut an oval. I stamped the sentiment centrally on the oval and heat embossed it. I seem to have misplaced my white embossing powder, so it was a gorgeous sparkly one or nothing – the glitter is a tad too big for the writing and it didn’t work perfectly, lesson learned.
Because the sentiment has a hint of bling, I wanted matt matting and layering, so chose a slightly textured grey card. I like the contrast of the dark blue on it. It actually looks like the blue is sunken on the photo, which gives me an idea for another card.
The oval topper was attached centrally on the card front, then played with the layout of the flowers down the left hand side until I was happy, then I got gluey. There was an ‘and’ on the second to last row, but it really didn’t like the big glitter and didn’t emboss well, so it was hidden under a petal. Finally, I put a silver liquid pearl on the middle of each flower.