My stock is complete, but I had time today to use a die I’ve not played with before and have made another little collection.
What I used:
- Free winter scene die from a past issue of Die Cutting Essentials
- Tim Holtz Christmas word dies (peace, on, and earth)
- White hammered card from Create and Craft
- Dark blue pearlescent Adorable Scorable (AS in instructions)
- 135x135mm square white card blanks
How I did it:
- Die cut 2 winter scenes from white card, and two from AS. If you find it hard to stick down fiddly die cuts, you can put double sided tape on the back of the piece of card to be cut, then simply peel it off when you’re ready to stick it down.
- Cut two white squares and two from AS measuring 850x850mm, 900x900mm, and 950x950mm.
- Stick a white die cut to one of the smallest white squares and one of the smallest AS squares, and an AS die cut to the other two smallest squares.
- Layer up the small squares wuth the contrasting colour medium square, then large.
- Die cut ‘peace’ four times, twice in white, twice in AS, then ‘on earth’ once from white, once from AS. I wanted a bit of depth, so I put double sided sticky foam on the backs of mine before I cut it.
- Stick one of the layered squares to each card blank, central and around 150mm down.
- Stick a greeting per card, central at the bottom